The Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. Information we collect from you is used to improve our site, provide you a better experience, respond to your questions and process your online donations.
We collect two types of information on our website:
- Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data - or totals of those visiting from a domain - not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
- Personal information provided by you. We collect email addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us. If you fill out a form or survey, request information or make a donation, we may collect your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address.
The Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. collects information on our website. We do not sell, trade or rent our website visitor’s personal information to others other than those outlined in this section. If you willingly provide us your personal information, the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. may use it in the following ways:
- Email newsletter and advocacy email updates: When you sign up to receive The Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. e-newsletter and/or advocacy e-updates, we collect your email address, first name and last name and may also notify you about other information we think you will find valuable. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Event registration. The Alliance provides online registration for our Alzheimer's Walks. We may collect your name and email address and send you the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
- Write Congress: We track the number of letters sent to members of Congress on a password-protected website. At this time, we do not use personal information you provide us.
- Annual Alzheimer’s Update Conference: Once per year, we provide to the Wisconsin Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (WADRC) a mailing list to be used for Conference invitation mailings only.
By using the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. website, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.308.6251 with the following information:
- To remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting removal.
- To remove your name from the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. postal mailing list, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting suppression of your personal information in our files.
- To review or correct your personal information with the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc., please provide your name and a sentence requesting a review or a correction.
We take every precaution to protect your personal information. At the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc., your personal information is kept confidential and stored in a secure environment. Access to your information is restricted only to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose. For example, our finance employees need access to information to process online donations. If you have any questions about the security at our website, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our website by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors’ movements and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
The Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of WI, Inc. uses pixels, or transparent GIF files to help manage emails.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the Alliance is not responsible for the privacy practices of such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information.