What we eat may influence our risk for developing many conditions including Alzheimer’s or dementia. Incorporating a healthy diet into our lives is beneficial at any age.
- Eat a balanced diet with lots of colorful fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants.
- Foods that may be especially good for your brain include: Green leafy vegetables, blueberries, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Eat healthy fats found in nuts and certain fish, such as salmon or tuna. Fish high in omega-3 fatty acids may also be especially beneficial.
- Limit the amount of high fat, sugary or salty food you eat.
- Drink in moderation. Some research suggests that moderate amounts of red wine may contain healthy antioxidants.
For more information on keeping your brain healthy, call our Helpline at 608.232.3400 or 888.308.6251 or ask about our community education program, “Maintaining Brain Health.”